GraceWorks Writers Groups: Coming to a city near you?!
Your town or city needs its very own GraceWorks Literary Group and you can help make it happen. Potential group leaders need only be enthusiastic writers who passionately believe that as artists, we writers truly blossom when we have the benefit of thoughtful feedback and creative stimulation.
A group leader will need to organize meetings (preferable once a week but 2 per month is acceptable), run ads in local papers or online outlets in order to build a group, secure a meeting place, and guide their group. However, we give as much assistance as possible to GraceWorks Leaders. We provide them with creative writing prompts and exercises to present to their group, reading recommendations, discussion topics, and a multitude of other related resources to keep their group productive and fun! Our editors and administrators are also always available to answer questions and provide support to group leaders.
Leaders and members of GraceWorks Groups will receive the following benefits not offered to the general public:
- Leaders will recommend and submit 5 pieces per month that were work-shopped or presented through their group to Grace Notes Editors for possible inclusion in Notes Magazine or other relevant GN publishing projects. Notes Magazine will feature, in every issue, GraceWorks pieces be they fiction, non-fiction, or poetry. These pieces should be chosen by means of a group vote (scoring sheets will be provided) and leaders have the same opportunity for this special consideration.
- GraceWorks Leaders & Writers will also receive discounts on any book-length competition entry as well as an extra read in the 1st round (a standard submission is read by 2 separate judges whereas a Group member will receive a 3rd review).
- Discounts (from 20% to 70% off retail values) on all Grace Notes projects and products including future writer's retreats/professional workshops, merchandise, greeting products, magazine subscriptions, and books.
- Creative prompts and writing assignments to stimulate the process and encourage artistic growth.
- Resource listings and reading recommendations relevant to creative writers.
- A community of like minded writers from various stages of the journey with whom they can discuss & develop ideas, give and receive constructive advice.
If you are interested in joining or leading a GraceWorks Literary Group, please contact us for information on a group near you.